We are looking for an experienced Node.js Developer to grow our team and develop meaningful products together. We've been developing the remote culture for around 7 years, where openness, knowledge sharing, and communication are the highest values. We would like to work with someone who shares our values, acts independently and proactively.
How the job looks
- You will work with a team of developers (3-5 people) on the current project developing new features.
- Usually, our projects last for about 1.5-2 years (but it could be more/less). Our developers don't work on more than 1 project at a time.
- Salary 𝚫: 20k—48k USD gross.
- For development we usually use Kanban or similar processes in Trello, Pivotal or Jira, communicate in Slack channels and via Zoom calls, and store documentation in Notion. We also use Holacracy for organizational governance.
- Apart from working on projects, we will encourage you to gain and share knowledge, discuss your personal development and contribute to company's activities.
- You'll have colleagues all around the globe, variety of channels in Slack like #animal-therapy, #cooking, #ihateremotework and remote team spirit.
How a good candidate looks
- You have experience building web-applications on Node.js stack - know and follow common patterns and good practices.
- You know SQL and relational databases.
- You value high-quality maintainable code: know how to organize codebase the way when something changes in API we don't need to rewrite a lot of code across the app.
- Your English skills allow you to feel comfortable communicating in it (verbally and written) the whole working day.
- You know how important it is to communicate with the team and inform others about what you are doing, so you stick to open and frequent communication.
- The learning process is an important part of your professional activities.
- Teamwork is not an abstract word for you, but a set of principles and agreements you follow.
We are Holacracy-driven remote software company with transparent processes. We build mobile and web apps for our clients. See case studies in order to learn more about projects we work with. Usually, we work with clients for years and work as a single team.
Check out our Career page and find out how we work.
- 50% compensation for self-development activities: courses, conferences, books, educational platforms, English, sports.
- Remote work and flexible schedule (actually no schedule at all - you decide when you work).
- 32 paid days off per year - you can use them for vacations, occasional days off, and public holidays, only workdays count.
- Full coverage of sick leaves.
- 200 USD per year for medical expenses.
- 500 USD per year for home office equipment.
We are curious about your thoughts on the questions below, please, add your answers to the cover letter.
- What is important in the good architecture of a web app?
- What web frameworks did you use? How do you like them?
Also, please share some examples of your code (e.g. share your GitHub profile).