At ZEAL we work every day to craft the best solutions that serve our clients' most valuable needs.
What does that mean to you?
ZEAL is a software consultancy. We work with a variety of companies, of varying sizes, and in various vertical markets. In every case our ultimate goal is to have them finish up feeling like they got more than they paid for.
That means that we have a great variety of projects for you to work on, with different challenges, and different business benefits to the client. This role is perfect for someone who gets tired of working on the same old thing all the time, and wants to be able to change it up sometimes.
Our interview process is entirely remote, simple, and transparent.
- As soon as you apply you'll get an email confirming that we got your application.
- Someone will review your application for some basic requirements (which are also listed on the application). We try to do this within 1-2 days of your application.
- Next we'll schedule a short interview with someone, likely our Director of Consulting. This won't take more than 30 minutes.
- After that we'll pair you with a couple of our engineers to work on some code we use for interviews. These are back-to-back 45-minute sessions with 2 different engineers, typically. We want you to see what it would be like to work with us, and us with you.
- After that, we review the feedback from the engineers, check your references, and extend an offer, if it makes sense.
Zeal is looking to add experienced full stack software developers to our growing consulting team.
Skills we are looking for:
- Ability to communicate highly-technical concepts to non-technical people
- Experience with agile software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Object-oriented and/or functional software development patterns
- Knowledge of Relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Some knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience using Git, Github, and Gitflow workflow
- Ability to Implement design into HTML and SCSS
- Experience and comfort with Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
Our work style is very collaborative, often working closely with clients, their product owners, and their engineers.
If you know you are not comfortable with frequent pairing and collaborative remote work, we might not be the best fit.
The remote experience is very important to us so we're always looking for ways to make it better.
We hope you choose to apply. We'd love to get to know you.
** We apologize in advance that we are not able to accept international candidates for this opening at this time. You must be located in the United States of America.