TeamSnap is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our team. We’re looking for an experienced manager who is passionate about growing both people and an amazing product. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to provide both technical and people leadership to a rapidly growing team in a distributed environment. We’re looking for an individual who will thrive in a fun and fast paced business that solves real problems for over 20 million customers in 195 countries.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
As an engineering manager you’ll be responsible for both technical and people leadership within our engineering function. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about building and scaling a strong team of developers to enhance and build an exceptional product.
Some things that are important:
- Day-to-day management of a team of developers with varied backgrounds in terms of skills and experience levels, including 1:1 coaching/mentoring, career planning & development, goal setting, and performance management.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders, including product management and platform engineering, to align technology to business strategy, facilitate key technical decision points, allocate resources and evolve architecture specifications into products and solutions.
- Implement and optimize a product development lifecycle including architecture, design, development and delivery using Agile development practices, including backlog grooming, sprint planning, story pointing, conducting stand ups and retrospectives, etc.
- Resolve cross functional & cross team blockers and anticipate/remediate risks that could become impediments to on-time project delivery.
- Play a key role in the hiring of new team members in conjunction with others.
- Roll up your sleeves and join in as a senior software developer as needed.
Other things that would be nice to have:
- 3-5 years as a people manager in a product-oriented SaaS business (B2B a plus), with an ability to motivate team members in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Expert in practical application of Agile software development methodologies with the ability to coach a team and stakeholders on Agile practices and ensure adherence to Agile methodology.
- Relevant experience with planning, managing and delivering assigned projects to agreed time and budget constraints, leading team members in backlog grooming, project planning and execution.
- The ability to communicate with animals Dr. Doolittle style
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Solid experience with working in a fast paced, distributed-team environment.
- Embraces change and is no stranger to ambiguity.
- Self-motivated and directed. Enjoys coaching and mentoring a team to maximize progress and potential.
- Demonstrated track record working with management and Executive level team members in a medium to large sized software product development organization.
- Commitment to bringing new approaches and ideas to the team with a consistently positive attitude.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Travel in accordance with business needs, a few times a year.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.