About the Team
Current enables income-conscious consumers to earn additional income from their everyday habits. The larger organization is split into cross-functional product teams. Each team consists for 4-5 software engineers, 1 QA engineer, and 1 product manager. We are driven by a focused set of OKRs
In the past 2 months, we have…
- improved infrastructure to support a huge increase in growth (over 220,000 people earn through our products each day!)
- increased retention by 30%.
- increased revenue by a significant multiple.
- increased user payouts by 65%
- decreased ad loading time by 85%.
- stamped-out fraudulent/bot usage.
This work has led to over a 3x increase in user lifetime value! By the end of the year, we hope to have sustainably grown to over 400,000 DAU.
We operate in 2-week sprints, release Android updates weekly, and control specific functionality through a powerful split testing and feature flagging system. Our Product Managers are committed to measuring and quantifying the impact of every change before we move on.
The team varies between working collaboratively and independently. We want everyone to feel encouraged to take a feature from idea through development and post-release all on their own. But, some problems are best solved together, in which case pair programming, whiteboarding sessions, and discussions are frequent.
Current has 15 engineers out of 32 people in total, distributed around the world (including Chicago, Mexico, California, Argentina, and Croatia). The Revenue team is based in Chicago, Hermosillo, Los Angeles, Croatia, Mexico City.
We rely heavily on the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails for our main application.
- NodeJS for a single microservice.
- Postgres for most of our persistent data storage.
- Redis for our in-memory storage/cache.
- AWS for our infrastructure.
- AWS Lambda, Kinesis, SQS, and DynamoDB for a high-throughput event pipeline.
- Java and Kotlin for our Android app.
You’ll be joining one of the product teams as an Engineering Manager, with a great degree of autonomy and responsibility for the team. You’ll find yourself…
- working as the engineering counterpart to the Product Manager, understanding and scoping new functionality, and helping with prioritization.
- working with your engineers to breakdown stories into tasks.
- managing the delivery of high-quality, high-impact work.
- conducting weekly 1-1s to develop 3 software engineers and 1 QA engineer.
- evaluating the team, processes, and tech stack, and driving improvements.
- being the primary point of contact for the team to our Director of Engineering.
- coaching the team on best practices.
We offer a generous salary based on experience and location.
We'd love to talk with you if…
- you have experience managing, mentoring and developing high-performing engineers.
- you’ve previously held senior-level software engineering role(s), preferably with our technology stack.
- you’re a direct, empathetic communicator.
- you’re excited to deliver high-quality features at a fast pace.
- you're comfortable with fast product/userbase growth.
The process is normally a 30-minute phone interview, a 2-hour technical and management interview, 1 hour interview with a Product Manager, and 30 minute final-round exec/VP interview.