We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager who will be responsible for keeping our CRM and Email database organized and well fed. Although there are a foundation and framework in place, this position will have the autonomy to shape and improve the future of it. This is why the candidate must be ambitious and driven, ready to give it their all every single day.
- The candidate appreciates design and will be expected to create engaging emails and campaigns that are consistent with our brand.
- “That’s the way it’s always been done” is not a phrase you will hear with our team. This candidate gets excited about finding new ways to improve an existing system or implement new ones. If there’s a problem, fix it!
- This candidate has a high attention to detail when it comes to writing copy. The first draft is never the final draft.
- Manage our CRM and email (MailChimp) database.
- Building and growing our email marketing base.
- Creating intricate and dynamic email campaigns to engage or re-engage our audience.
- Consistently segmenting our email lists to create fully engaging campaigns.
- Importing lists from tradeshows and other events, subscribing them to the correct content.
- Scanning our CRM (which has an integration with MailChimp) to engage existing customers in new campaigns.
- Proofreading emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling
- Create and manage email templates using graphics, merge-tag personalization, and other advanced features
- Creating mobile-friendly email templates
- Creating reports to compare subscribes, unsubscribes, and other related metrics.
- Holding regular scrums with our sales and marketing team to make sure all available content is being sent out.
- Ensure emails follow industry policies, best practices, and GDPR laws.
- 2+ years of email marketing experience (This is not limited to having worked directly in an email marketing role).
- Knowledge of marketing testing, data analysis, and reporting.
- Experience with CRM systems and marketing automation tools (we use MailChimp).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Basic HTML/CSS markup skills
- Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Knowledge of using automation tools like Zapier.
- Understanding of email marketing operations and technology, including workflows, and triggered events.
COMPENSATION & HOURS
This position will start on a contract basis at $20 an hour for 20-30 hours a week. It will be given a three-month trial period, after which we’ll decide if you’re the right fit to bring you on full-time as an employee.
- Send us an intro about you
- Dust off your LinkedIn profile and send us the link.
- Take some time to peruse reallygoodemails.com. Send us two of your favorite emails and tell us what you appreciate about them.
- Send your application in an email (bonus points if it's HTML) to email@example.com
Our marketing team is a close-knit group of polymaths who wear multiple hats. Most of us don’t have degrees in our field of work, but that has never stopped us from pursuing our best work, each and every day. We eat lunch together, attend Creative Mornings together, and have monthly Photoshop battles. We’re building a foundation each day, which makes our job so exciting.
We’re PLAE, an innovative company that designs the world's most advanced sports flooring.
In 2009, we launched our business on the principle that reliable athletic flooring is a key element of any training space, offering safer sessions and boosted performance. We sought to push the boundaries of the status quo, to develop concepts previously overlooked, to collaborate with coaches and athletes around the world in our pursuit of daily progress.
Our goal has been to equip athletes for the grind, engaging them in a shared challenge to push through resistance, ignoring the naysayers, and pursuing improvement.
We have spent the years since our genesis innovating fresh ways to push the envelope, giving back to the groups that have embraced us, shining a light on greatness wherever we discover it, approaching each day like a chance to improve.
We love what we do.