, a SaaS-based application that manages marine terminal operations, is now part of Navis LLC
, a world leader in marine terminal logistics. We’re an agile, rapidly growing team that is very motivated to fulfill our mission to positively impact global trade by improving operations at marine port terminals across the world and we’re looking for our next teammate.
Can you create and direct our external e-learning strategy and then execute it with minimal supervision? Are you passionate about creating a SaaS platform that delivers impeccable customer experience and enables customers to confidently operate independently? We want to talk to you.
We are looking for a sharp, first-rate content and e-learning developer to own our documentation and e-learning domain. Content, structure and tools already exist and our ideal candidate is someone that can come into our team on Day 1 and not only dive into expanding the article and video catalog but also lead us to improving the platform and take us to the next level of customer experience.
You will immediately have access to and support from the Navis team of expert Instructional Designers that create curricula which supports our customers in making improvements in both short- and long-term effectiveness. This teams builds the courseware in Captivate, Camtasia, Storyline, or equivalent authoring tools. Responsibilities
- Develop an optimal documentation framework of knowledge-base articles and video tutorial content to maximize usability and findability
- Lead the creation of ‘light-weight’ video tutorials and articles to highlight Octopi functionality
- Set up an efficient workflow for documenting product changes
- Maintain documentation in line with product change cycle
- Create process workflows to support the Octopi product
- Perform tasks associated with courseware development including the following:
- Draft Course Content (storyboards, scripts, slides, text, exercises, quiz questions, job aids, etc.) based on design documents and independent research of source material
- Convert course content into media that will promote learning (screencasts, screenshots, animations, diagrams, infographics, charts, online games)
- Build highly interactive e-learning courses in various authoring tools
- Test, debug, and optimize existing courseware, graphics, SCORM, and animation files to ensure functionality
- Integrate a variety of instructional techniques into course content while producing deliverables that maintain a cohesive, consistent voice.
- Work with Instructional Designers and/or Subject Matter Experts to validate, revise, and produce technical instructor-led courses and materials, including instructional text, exercises, technical diagrams, animations, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, a learning-based field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience developing SaaS-based knowledgebase of article AND video content
- At least 1+ year(s) experience in curating instructor-led and e-learning material for software training, within tight timelines and requirements - or related experience.
- Experience with production and post-production of technical, “micro-sessions” of video tutorials
- Demonstrated media development skills, and ability to implement high-quality design specifications using efficient workflows
- Practical and demonstrable experience with most of the following authoring and development tools: Adobe Captivate, Adobe Presenter, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (or open source equivalents), Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Snag-It
- Proven experience revising copy without modifying original intent or focus of the content
- Passion for learning, communicating, and solving problems with SaaS-based technology
- Adaptable, good-humored, gracious
Additional Expertise Desired
- Proficiency in advanced authoring tools such as Storyline, Lectora, or equivalent technologies, and graphic, video, and 3D animation production tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Unity, Sumerian, Unreal, or open-source equivalents
- Multilingual fluency is a plus
- Familiarity with the Cornerstone LMS system is a plus
- 1-3 years’ practical and demonstrable experience testing interactive e-learning SCORM packages inside and outside of the delivery LMS
- Experience in either the container terminal or technical software industry is a plus
- Experience with developing VR and/or AR environments
- Experience with production and post-production of technical video training
Octopi is a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for port terminal operators. Our customers are cargo port terminals: a massive, obscure, and underserved market responsible for carrying 90% of everything the world consumes. Our offices are located in downtown Miami and have a have customers in Haiti, Fort-Lauderdale, Barbados, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Madagascar...
We help cargo port terminals manage all their operations, including their gate processes, vessel operations, yard planning, etc. We are passionate about leveraging technology to help our customers keep track of all the cargo that goes through their facilities. Our customers are responsible for unloading, loading, and storing thousands of shipping containers weekly and we help them capture data about their operations so that they can make data-driven decisions.
Octopi was acquired by Navis in 2019.
Navis is the global market leader in a multi-billion dollar industry building and implementing maritime terminal operating systems, optimization and automation solutions at ports around the world. From Long Beach to Hong Kong, Dubai to Brazil, and Rotterdam to Busan, Navis delivers mission critical enterprise software that is at the heart of running a terminal and services to optimize operations. We are an innovative and profitable maritime platform striving to make global trade smarter, safer, and more sustainable for everyone by connecting multiple systems to support a more efficient global container flow. Most of the material goods in the world are transported in containers using our software.
Culturally, Navis is organized around our Guiding Principles for Success (GPS). Commitment to our core principles is an essential ingredient for success for our team members. Our GPS are Smart Operators, Customer Obsessed, Forging the Future and Better Together.