We are looking for a Drupal Developer contractor to join our team of talented developers, designers, and strategists. The roles include work on backend application development of large scale Drupal websites, architecting elegant solutions to client problems using the right mix of community modules and custom modules, developing new custom and community modules, and migrating content from legacy CMS systems.
This is a 6 month contract to hire position.
- Creating custom modules and plugins, debugging and patching core components, and understanding the source code of the systems you work with.
- Using industry-standard DevOps workflows and tools: dev-stage-production workflow, source control tools to manage your codebase, etc.
- Developing for multiple devices and interactions: desktops, touch devices like smartphones and tablets, simpler devices like feature phones, etc.
- Working with other members of the team on problems, but also working individually as required by the project.
- Designing and developing code architecture that promotes reuse, readability, and best-practice coding standards.
- Understanding the web's infrastructure to create highly-performant and scalable features.
Flexible scheduling and working remotely.
An excellent work environment filled with smart, funny people who love what they do.
- Worked on Drupal 8 projects, Decoupled architecture, REST APIs
- Experience developing for Drupal.
- Comfort on the command line.
- Familiarity with an RDBM, preferably MySQL.
- Experience with modern distributed version control systems (such as Git).
- Conversational knowledge of the underlying technologies and protocols on which the modern web is built. (Domain Models, Networking Technologies and Security Models).
- Professional, yet personable demeanor. You must be able to represent yourself and PRI to our clients, other members of your team, and to open-source communities at large.
- Enthusiasm for open-source philosophy and community involvement.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for making really cool stuff for the web.
- Experience building Drupal sites from start to finish.
- Experience translating client requests and aspirations into budget-minded Drupal solutions.
- Experience with an additional modern programming language (such as Java, Ruby, or Python).
- Expert Level Database experience (preferably MySQL).
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases like Redis or MongoDB.
- Linux configuration experience.
- Experience with Vue.js and/or modern front end frameworks like Backbone or Angular.
- Experience working with large website projects.
- Knowledge of best practices to optimize backend performance.
- Previous work on open-source projects and adhering to coding standards.
- Bachelor's degree or higher. (Why preferred rather than required? Experience and passion are more important, and being a constant self-educator is essential.)