ABOUT UNITED FOR RESPECT
United For Respect (UFR)
is a national organization building an industry voice of working people working for the country’s largest retail corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base-building, UFR’s growing network is challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family‐sustaining jobs for all working people. We leverage technology — social media and our digital platform, WorkIt
— and bring the retail workforce into a shared community of support and advocacy. We are building the 21st Century labor movement, and we need Entry-Level Online-to-Offline Organizers who are passionate about workers’ rights and ready to build upon their strategic skill sets.
As our Director of People Ops & Culture, you will take the leading role on our People Ops & Culture ("People Ops") team and will report to the Chief of Ops, People & Culture. You will be responsible for leading initiatives that provide a people-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes diversity, equity, empowerment, quality, inclusivity, and productivity. The People Ops team owns the team member experience and people processes through the entire employment life-cycle. We want to make the HR stuff fun, easy, and intuitive.
What you'll be doing:
As the Director of People Operations & Culture, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the vision and strategy as an Executive Team member with an expressed focus on how initiatives will shape people and culture. As the organization's People Ops visionary, you will offer strategic input to shape and grow the organization.
- Modeling, managing and leading efforts to strengthen and reinforce the values and culture of the organization in an ongoing way.
Serving as the People Operations Functional Lead
- Lead the oversight, design, implementation, reporting, and maintenance of the organization's People Ops strategies and key initiatives.
- Oversee and lead on all work streams pertaining to Union relationship, implementation, and execution of agreed upon items.
- Own and manage the People Ops team's work streams for succession planning, organization development, workforce planning, team member rewards & recognition, team member recruitment & retention and all other activities involving management of our human capital.
- Own and manage People Ops' team's work streams for all HR services and policies, including compensation and benefits, recruitment, training and development, team member relations, and compliance.
- Own the coaching and development of all team members as a coach of coaches.
- Improve and expand the functionality of all People Ops processes, tools, and team members (initiatives included leading the 2020 People Ops Projects.)
- Select and manage relationships with all HR consultants, attorneys, insurance brokers, and carriers.
- Own team member experience and serve as an advocate for all team members, including the collecting, analyzing, and sharing metrics to keep the "pulse" of the current culture and team member satisfaction. Own initiatives to continually improve culture and satisfaction metrics.
- Build a metrics-driven department and lead the development of all People Ops reporting and analytics to support effective decision making.
People Ops Team Leadership
- Lead the team members of the People Ops herd and serve as a Passion Coach to champion development and improvement in the People Operations/HR practice.
- Support the functions of the HR Business Partner, Technical Recruiter, Manager, and Passion Coaches.
What You'll Bring
- Passionate, determined leader with mid to senior level people operations or progressive HR experience
- Energetic, strategy-focused team-builder with people leadership experience
- Human Resources domain experience
- Experience counseling, coaching, and acting as a strategic advisor all people operation matters
- Experience developing and implementing HR related initiatives
- Experience managing department level budget
- Experience leading/facilitating team development and growth
- Union experience advantageous
We're excited about you because you:
- Significant People Ops domain experience (not all but most of the realms of HR, Culture, Learning and Development, Diversity and Recruitment/Selection)
- Demonstrated capability to lead teams
- Demonstrated capability to lead cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to manage execution of large-scale product or projects
- Values-based approach when describing strategy
- Expertise in various software/platforms used in HR, R&S, L&D realms
- Coaching or facilitation expertise or experience or certification
- Experiencing owning legal or finance functions
- Embrace technology as an enabler to help you get your job done (able to collaborate in a culture that promotes passion in technology)
Salary Range:$75,000 - $120,000, depending on experience and location.
Competitive benefits package provided for full-time employees and eligible dependents, including health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage and 401k. Ability to travel is a must.
United for Respect is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community. United for Respect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and in the subject line: DO-080.