Replay Poker (www.replaypoker.com
) was founded in 2005 and is one of the most popular free-to-play online poker sites. Replay Poker’s vision is to be the #1 free poker destination for all passionate players and its communities. Our mission is to offer the best free poker room and community experience to all poker players in a fair, friendly and competitive environment.
We will succeed by offering an exceptional poker game experience and never losing our players’ trust. We celebrate the world’s greatest card game, its rich history and tradition, and seek to inspire others to share in our passion.
About the role
We are a small team of highly technical and experienced engineers. The small team means you’ll have a huge impact on the decisions and the work being done. The expertise means you’ll get to learn a lot from other great engineers. We all work remotely, 100% of the time, and are currently spread out across western Europe and the Americas.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with expertise managing and scaling services in a cloud environment to join our powerful DevOps team.
These are the main technologies used in our stack:
- Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform (GKE)
- Prometheus & Grafana
- Elasticsearch Fluentd Kibana (EFK)
- Redis & Memcached
- MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Micro-service architecture with heterogeneous services written in Ruby, Elixir, NodeJS, ReactJS, and Go
- Scalability: Improve and expand our infrastructure so its growth is ensured.
- Reliability: Make sure we have proper monitoring and alerts to detect problems in a proactive way. Troubleshoot and fix root causes of incoming issues to prevent them in the future.
- Performance: Strive towards excellence when it comes to applications and infrastructure performance. Take special care of the production environment to offer the best experience for our players.
- Smooth operation: Set up CI/CD pipelines, improve processes and encourage best practices to speed up development.
- Security: Knowledge of common web vulnerabilities, audit our infrastructure for security issues and keep it safe.
- 3+ years of experience working as an DevOps with strong Linux experience and having responsibilities of Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Scripting experience using languages such as Ruby and Bash.
- Solid understanding of automation principles; experience using tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience in monitoring systems like Grafana and Prometheus.
- Experience with centralised logging solutions like the Elasticsearch, Fluentd and Kibana (EFK) stack.
- Experience with CI/CD tools.
- Hands on experience in networking, security and databases.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
- Strong communicator and team player: you are fluent in English and able to communicate clearly to other software engineers.
- Quick learner and able to adapt to new technologies quickly.
Ideally you should
- Experience with container security platforms.
- Have professional experience working remotely.
- Have contributed to open source projects.
- Enjoy playing poker!
What we offer
- Plenty of autonomy for you to work the way you think you're most productive
- A flexible process with the focus on efficiency of working with minimal bureaucracy
- A mixture of fun and challenging projects working on a real-time game
- Competitive salary (negotiable and depending on experience/skills)