There’s a person we want to work with.
Thing is, we're not talking about someone specific. In fact, that’s the problem. We’re talking about a set of traits and an attitude, which is scarce! We want DevOps Engineers who see things differently; that don't conform to the norm. You’re ready to get the job done, and even surprise us.
There are so many job descriptions for security positions that don't actually capture the essence of the role, we’re writing down what we’re looking for in hopes that this person (you?) is out there:
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job, and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it
- When you take on a task whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability
- You are passionate about the opportunity to build and maintain cloud architecture that supports tens of thousands of high volume customers
- You’re excited to have a multiplier effect on the entire engineering organization by improving CI/CD, internal tools, and developer environments
What we Expect from a DevOps Engineer:
- Help us maintain high standards for security, stability, and operational best practices
- Maintain, test, and improve disaster recovery across our technology stacks
- Build and maintain pipelines for continual releases of our SaaS products
- Write clear and accurate documentation around how infrastructure is laid out and can be modified
- Be an expert with AWS cloud services; EC2, RDS, IAM, EKS, Developer Tools, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure as code using tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Argo, Envoy etc.
- Manage large Kubernetes Clusters in production
- Support the project efforts of all TaxJar development teams
- 4+ years of experience in cloud based DevOps with a heavy focus on AWS services
- Production experience with: CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, Ruby applications, AWS cost optimization, and Postgresql
- 3+ Years of experience managing Kubernetes in production
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring and operating applications in containers at scale
- Experience with running disaster recovery scenarios, documenting issues, and implementing best practices that were discovered
- Be accountable for the infrastructure you are provisioning and maintaining
- Manage DevOps tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com