We’re looking for a Data Scientist who values putting people first, continuous learning, and a remote work culture. To work successfully as a Knockstar on our team, you should be deeply passionate about identifying inefficiencies, improving processes, exploiting data to solve problems, communicating findings, and making recommendations.
As a Data Scientist at Knock you will:
- Have access to millions of historical real estate transactions across the U.S., current market data, other local datasets, as well as unique data generated by Knock’s current operations.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to identify problems, perform research, and build tools or predictive models that power our products and enable Knock to operate efficiently.
- Learn everything there is to know about a real estate transaction and help build and inform products that will meaningfully reduce the stress and uncertainty around the largest financial transaction of a customer’s life.
We’re looking for Knockstars who have:
- Passion for taking on complex real world datasets, understanding them and building useful applications
- Commitment to rigorous analysis and model validation
- An advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a Computer Science, Statistics, or a related discipline or years of relevant experience
- Strong foundation in statistical inference, machine learning, and experimentation
- A strong command of data analysis techniques (linear modeling, causal inference, Bayesian methods, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, etc.)
- Experience with both high-dimensional and sparse data sets
- Expertise with data analysis tools and languages such as R or Python
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
What We can Offer You:
- Equitable compensation offered based on your accomplishments, experience, and what market data shows in your geographic region.
- Offering full medical, dental, vision benefits, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory), 401k, paid parental leave, and many amazing benefits to impact our people’s lives.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the continental United States.
- This is a 100% remote, work from home, full-time career at Knock.
We are proud to be a distributed company from our founding with employees in 21 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is based in the continental United States.