Data Engineer (Java)
What is required:
- Strong experience with programming languages like Java SE/EE and/or Groovy and Spring (Core, Web, Boot, Data) as Engineer with 2-4 years of relevant software development experience;
- Hands-on experience with Spark programming and another Big data tech in the Hadoop ecosystem (Data lakes: AWS EMR (Hadoop, Spark, Presto));
- Build tools: Maven/Ant/Gradle;
- CSM: Git, Github;
- Wiki and track bugs systems: JIRA, Confluence;
- OS: Unix/Linux.Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service;
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Process oriented with great documentation skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
Will be a plus:
- Good understanding of distributed data processing concepts like data partitioning, bucketing, distributed joins and aggregation, map/reduce, file formats, etc;
- Second programming language can be Python;
- Other data likes: Dremio;
- Other brokers: Kafka/RabbitMQ/Apache MQ (or other AMQP broker);
- Familiarity with clouds (AWS is in main priority).
What we offer:
- We offer you attractive professional and educational opportunities, a competitive salary, and fun colleagues who make every online and offline event a treat.
- Find out more about our company: provectus.com.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the project.
- Writes unit/integration tests.
- Contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with a team (other engineers, product managers, and analysts).
- Defines company data assets (data models), spark, sparkSQL, and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models.
- Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
Briefly about us:
- Provectus is an Artificial Intelligence consultancy and solutions provider, helping businesses achieve their objectives through AI. We are recognized by industry analysts as a leading provider of AI solutions in specific business domains, driven by sophisticated IT service management and tech innovation. Provectus is a value driver and a trusted partner for our clients and employees.We are waiting for you to become a part of our team!