Call out to recent graduates with tutoring or teaching experience who want to transform online education.
This is a unique opportunity for:
- A recent graduate with tutoring/teaching experience that is keen to kick-start their career starting in customer support; or
- Someone with a passion for helping the world of education with a few years in customer support that is looking to work for a company they can really believe in and grow with.
LearnCube is on a mission to transform live online education across the globe. Through our award-winning online classroom, we help education entrepreneurs from the individual online tutor to some of the world’s largest tutoring companies, succeed online. We also have a special strength in online language education, where we work with iconic language education companies like Babbel. We're growing fast and need your help.
Are you reliable, super-organised and positive? Are you living in the UK or EU? Do you have some direct experience in teaching or online tutoring too (this helps just as much as customer support experience)?
About LearnCube’s Support:
LearnCube is a leading edtech SAAS provider. Our Virtual Classroom and Online School platform makes it easy for language teachers and tutors to teach online professionally.
LearnCube’s customers are individual tutors, edupreneurs, online language schools and tutoring companies.
Support is provided via chat and email using Intercom. Support tickets will include requests for product information, sales/upgrade queries, problems/bugs experienced in a classroom, how-to’s and account/payment issues. Support documentation is published on our website via Intercom.
What you’ll do:
- Use our ticketing system (Intercom) to assist our variety of customers with any help they need to use our products successfully.
- Escalate issues that need help from another team member and keep tabs to make sure resolution is reached.
- Self-manage our SLA’s and prioritise support for different levels of customers.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, identify bugs, trends and areas for improvement.
- Create and update any customer-facing support documentation.
- Assist the Sales Team to onboard new customers using our Online School platform.
- Be involved in pre-release QA to help test new features as well as document them to update customers.
- Collaborate with the team to improve the Customer Support function in the business.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and implement improvements to always deliver high-quality support.
More about the role:
- Initial 3-month fixed term contract (remote position) followed by full-time contract if it goes well.
- This a remote position so there is no office. It would be a bonus if you are based in the UK or in the European Union where we have other team members. We'd possibly accept candidates from other countries in European timezones but you would have to really standout.
- Market-related, competitive salary with a generous vacation policy.
- Salary with company bonus.
Notes on the role:
- This is a 'spring-board' position and customer support will give you a strong foundation to grow your career into a leadership role (Chief Customer Officer, Chief People Officer, etc) and pursue other fields of interest such as sales, customer success, business management, product management... especially if you're excited by edtech. We'll also provide further opportunities to move inside the organisation as we grow.
- The reason we're more interested in candidates in UK or EU is that we have other team members living in UK/Europe and it would be a bonus if you could meet in-person for a catchup from time to time.
Criteria for a successful candidate:
- A clear, friendly, upbeat, fluent-English writing style.
- Demonstrate initiative; a self-starter with a proactive, positive attitude.
- Ability to self-educate; we work remotely and you’ll need to be able to spend some time learning on your own. But still be able to speak up and ask for help, clarification or support when needed.
- A curious mind that naturally troubleshoots problems with a knack for arriving at solutions and workarounds.
- Single-minded about calming chaos, setting up and following good processes to deliver consistently great work.
- Tech-savvy and familiarity with software tools - we use Intercom, Asana, GSuite, Slack daily (among others).
- You'd connect with our customers more if you've come from a teaching or tutoring background, so please highlight this in your application.
- Are you a team player and a good person? We have a strict no d***head policy.
- Do you have a passion for education?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English? Note, you don’t have to be a perfect native speaker… in fact, that’s probably a positive :)
- Do you already share our values: honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy?
- Can you demonstrate strong skills in customer support and care, understanding how to work with people and getting them the help they need?
- Can you provide evidence of at least 6-12 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week remotely?
LearnCube perks and path
- Freedom to live wherever you like as long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence located somewhere in UK/European timezones.
- A clear career-path to lead the Support and Customer Success team as we grow.
- We offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. Whatever gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.
- Annual all-expenses-paid team trip to an exciting location in Europe (when the Covid-19 crisis is over).
- We’ll provide a monthly contribution towards your home-office or favourite local co-working space.
- Loads of opportunity for professional development.
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).
We know some will try, but this isn’t a challenge on how to get to the CEO or make contact via our support or social media channels. Please follow this application process and spend time answering the following questions in the application form in order to be considered for the position.
- What makes you excited about the prospect of working with LearnCube?
- Tell us about a problem/inefficiency you noticed at work and what you did to solve it.
- Tell us about a process that you implemented, why you created it and why you like it? What problem did it solve?
- Tell us about your experience in customer support.
- Tell us in a few sentences about your ideal (remote) work environment and where you'd like to live.
- Tell us about any direct experience you have in tutoring or teaching (this is just as relevant as any customer support experience).