Visit.org is looking for an intelligent, ambitious CTO to join our team remotely. This is an opportunity for an experienced software development professional who wants to contribute their skills to making a positive impact in local communities around the world.
We’re a startup, so the right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, experience leading product development at early-stage companies, extreme passion for our mission, and of course, the desire to roll up your sleeves and make the impossible happen. Must be extremely passionate about building things from scratch, including platforms, teams, apps, and features. Working directly with management, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the company’s direction and future.
Do Work that Makes the World a Better Place
Visit.org is a proud B Corp with social impact in its DNA. As a mission-driven business, we’re motivated by the opportunity to help corporations and their employees around the world do more good in their communities. Each member of our team is passionate about making the world a better place and believes in the power of small actions to generate meaningful, lasting change. We’re looking for new team members to help us continue to innovate game-changing technology and help our corporate partners nurture a company culture of purpose, impact, and inclusion. If you want to feel good about going to work every day, Visit.org is the place to be.
When You Join the Team
- You’ll join a movement from the ground floor that’s helping the world’s leading brands generate social change and engage their employees with local causes they care about.
- You’ll combine passion, purpose, and a paycheck—Visit.org team members get out of bed every day knowing their work is meaningful and has a tangible impact on individuals and communities around the world.
- You’ll join a high-performing rockstar team that will help you hone your skills while being your best, most authentic self.
- You’ll find passionate, purpose-driven people with a strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride that we’re building this thing together.
Role & Responsibilities:
- You will lead the design and development of Visit.org’s software applications.
- Collaborate with the executive management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications, and architect solutions with high performance.
- Own the Product Roadmap and prioritization to deliver current commitments and maintain market leadership positions.
- Manage and maintain test driven development and continuous integration tools.
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development, and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
- Communicate technology and product strategy to clients, partners, and investors.
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Partner with leaders to set strategy, coach and mentor the team to ensure performance objectives are met, and build positive team relations.
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role.
- At least 6+ years of direct work experience on software development with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks.
- Startup experience is a must.
- Experience bringing products to market and building scalable applications using agile methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in designing and developing complex software applications.
- Flexible and able to be successful in a sometimes ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and effective solutions.
- Highly experienced in popular server technology (Ruby on Rails, Heroku/AWS).
- Strategic executive and strong communicator with the broad business acumen to contribute to strategic, commercial, operational, and organizational discussions.
- Data-driven and analytical leader with experience synthesizing data to be quickly understood and to inform decision making.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytic, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- High degree of self-motivation. Must be able to plan and execute work both independently and as a team member.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- Penchant for creativity and using code to express individual ideas.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org