We are looking for a talented engineer who is eager to create solutions that internal stakeholders and external customers love to use.
You will be responsible for development across the full stack, including:
- responsive, elegant and accessible web UIs built with React
- robust, scalable and performant services using Node.js & MongoDB
- secure & maintainable infrastructure as code
WHAT WE DO
The Core team solves the problems that are common across our student, research, finance, and continuity planning solutions in the form of front and back end libraries, services, and full SaaS products where appropriate. Our stakeholders are the Kuali business lines, and we have tremendous influence over the success of the full suite of Kuali offerings. We help Kuali create products that provide data flexibility and ensure data integrity (Forms), facilitate flexible decentralization of business processes (Workflow), and protect our customers data (Identity).
You have several years of experience. You’re curious. You solve hard problems. You execute. You advocate for the customer. You produce value. You love learning and innovating. You want to spend time honing your craft as well as teaching and learning from your peers. You are dedicated and love to be challenged.
- You stay apprised and evaluate emerging technology trends and make recommendations for responsible adoption.
- You advocate for technical priorities and make sure we are doing the right things.
- You influence the technical and strategic direction of your organization and the company as a whole, working closely with other engineers and leaders in the company on technology standards, strategic initiatives and integrations.
- You’re versatile. You know when to think big and when to act small. You’re equally comfortable in both greenfield and refactoring projects.
- You are willing to take risks, make mistakes, and be accountable for cleaning things up when things don’t go as planned.
- You validate what you need to build, what you plan to build, and what you built.
- You care about the quality of your code, user experience and having a rock-solid backend.
- You believe that intuition is great but data is better.
- You’re passionate about working with the product team to help customers and other developers achieve their missions.
- You’re into continuous delivery and DevOps.
- You are highly collaborative. You have the humility to know all of the awesomeness above isn’t achieved by you alone. You love feeling like you have individually contributed and contributed to the success of the team as a whole when you go home at the end of the day.
- You have great relationships your peers and customers that help you succeed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expertise programming in multiple languages, especially Node.js.
- Experience building modern web applications at scale.
- 3+ years of professional experience architecting, engineering, and launching software products and/or services.
- Experience applying an agile software development process.
- Excellent communication skills.
This role requires 10% travel time.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Confidence navigating the complexity of a suite of integrated, enterprise products.
- Experience with microservices architectures.
- Experience with incremental refactoring efforts.
- Hands-on experience with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services.
Our team is fully distributed across the continental United States. The ideal candidate will have at least a year of experience telecommuting and know that they are happy and productive doing so.
We offer a truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care. We offer 401(k) matching, employee profit sharing and all the paid-time off that you need (just work it out with your manager).
401k matching (up to 4% of your salary)
Full health premiums for you + dependents
Take the PTO you need
Technology and training allowances