Hi. We’re Zipline. We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most - - retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
With Zipline, employees feel more connected, understand the role they play in the brand’s mission and can feel good about the work they’re doing. This is important to us because retail is one of America's most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minorities, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of a family.
We’re passionate about helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
We haven’t even gotten to our customers! Think about the best retail brands, from your favorite tennis shoes to yoga pants. They’re customers. And, in addition to dozens of specialty retailers, this year we added grocery store, pharmacy, and convenience store brands. In fact, we more than doubled our customers in 2020.
Our perfect Compliance Officer works in a structured, methodical, and organized way and is enthusiastic about staying up to date with changing compliance and privacy requirements. They will confidently take ownership of responding to extensive requests for information, to provide detailed and accurate responses to third-party risk assessments and security questionnaires, helping our sales team to close deals faster.
They have experience in performing internal audits of security and privacy controls as they relate to compliance programs such as SOC 2, CSA-STAR, and data protection laws, and will have worked closely with external auditors and risk-management companies.
Someone with experience as a consultant in the areas of governance, risk, and compliance for large enterprises could be a perfect fit. You’ll be doing all of the same type of work here, in a forward-thinking environment, for a remote-first company.
It’s essential that our compliance officer has experience of working with GRC and risk-management platforms, to advise on how best to scale our compliance efforts by managing our control mappings, evidence, policies, and procedures in an efficient and centralized way.
- Respond to customer security questionnaires and risk assessments
- Regularly audit and assess company policies, procedures, and operations against compliance programs, customer contracts, and the latest data protection laws to identify possible weaknesses or risk
- Take ownership of our annual SOC 2 audit and ongoing compliance
- Provide leadership visibility into compliance status and risks via metrics and dashboards
- Recommend policy, procedure, and compliance improvements to security leadership
- Advise on how to scale compliance, privacy, and questionnaire response capabilities using automated tools and platforms
- Ensure employees are informed of changes to the latest regulations and processes as they relate to different functions within the organization
More about you:
- We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, proactive, and can work independently. The majority of communication with team members will take place asynchronously and you’ll be managing your own time.
- You need to be excited and enthusiastic about your work and take pride in your thoroughness and attention to detail.
- You have knowledge of security, privacy, and compliance as they relate to SaaS, cloud infrastructure, and remote working environments
- You enjoy working from home, fully remote
- You’re comfortable working with cloud-based tools and platforms for managing information, tracking projects, and communicating with the team such as Basecamp, Google Docs, and Slack
- You’ll receive a Macbook as a company laptop. Ideally, this is also your first choice of laptop outside of work, and you have plenty of knowledge of working with macOS.
What's In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!
We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Got More Time, here’s more about Zipline!
The word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published
recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes
to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science - - a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home - - or vans - - or sailboats.
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.
Our perfect account-based marketing manager comes from either the sales or marketing side of a B2B SaaS company. You will own a handful of accounts and be devoted to their success, working hand-in-hand with your sales director to create plans and activities that drive your accounts deeper into the sales funnel. Ready to roll up your sleeves and help spread the power of Zipline?