As BI developer, you will embed with our client's team and perform development on a market-leading K-12 SaaS application. You will design and implement Reports to track KPIs most important for measuring success. (from the data layer to the presentation layer).
The role may be performed from a remote location and requires a level of effort estimated at 40 hours per week.
- Translate business needs and requirements into data analytic and reporting solutions to deliver meaningful information to end users
- Design, test, and implement BI solutions, including dashboards, drill down/through-paths, and reports
- Involve in defining the source to target data mappings, business rules, data definitions
- Provide Pre and Post Production Data Analysis and Validation Reports to ensure data accuracy
- Collaborate with other team members to incorporate best practices and innovations into related products
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate products in the education space
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working in an Agile scrum environment
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL queries to perform complex data analysis
- 5+ years of experience in Birst, Pentaho, Tableau or Information Builders, Birst is preferred
- Experience of Hadoop related technologies including Apache Kylin is a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.