Today we are a global team of technologists and thinkers, who help transform the world with the power of software, enabling our customers to be competitive and disruptive in the marketplace through innovative technology solutions.
As a BI/DWH Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
Our client provides BI/DWH solution to make better-informed decisions which are based on data from advertising operations, sales, product and marketing systems. Currently, they are looking for an engineer who can help them to migrate data pipelines onto AWS ecosystem.
Our client develops the world’s travel platform, with the power to bring the world within reach for millions of people. Their extensive brand portfolio includes some of the world’s most trusted online travel brands, powered by the most knowledgeable, passionate and creative people in the travel business.
• AWS BigData technologies — DataPipeline, Airflow, EMR, Qubole, Snowflake;
• Solid experience developing complex SQL statements, PL/SQL wrappers & procedures, functions, views, triggers, etc;
• Shell scripting (bash, Batch), Python;
• Strong knowledge of ETL and Data Warehouse development best practices;
• Experience working with high volume databases;
• Experience in data mapping, data migration, and data analysis;
• Experience with Teradata and Hadoop databases or Informatica Power Center is a big plus;
• Good spoken and written English.
• Design and develop data pipelines in AWS ecosystem;
• Develop ETL technical specifications, design, code, test, implement and support optimal data solutions;
• Document data mappings, data dictionaries, processes, programs, and solutions as per established standards for data governance;
• Troubleshoot data issues and defects to determine root cause;
• Perform job monitoring, root cause analysis, and resolution, and support production processes;
• Perform tuning of SQL queries and recommend and implement query tuning techniques;
• Recommend corrective action when necessary to improve performance, capture exceptions, and maintain scheduled jobs;
• Assist in data migration needs of the department and company where applicable;
• Take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
• The individual career path;
• Social package — medical insurance, sports;
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
• English classes with certified English teachers;
• Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions;
• Flexible work hours.
EVEN MORE EPAM BENEFITS
• We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle —from concept to delivery into production;
• We offer mentorship program;
• We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM;
• We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners.
EPAM Systems, Inc., delivers product development and platform engineering services to Global 2000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations.
EPAM specializes in digital transformation, business intelligence, big data and analytics, testing, next-gen architecture, digital engagement, service design and business consulting; all supported by over 23 years of software engineering expertise.
We are among the fastest growing technology firms globally, with over 200 clients and offices in over 25 countries. We have successfully helped our clients achieve measurable business results through best-in-class software engineering, combined with innovative strategy, consulting and design capabilities.