At Cased, we create innovative solutions for the growing number of compliance and security challenges that face software companies. Cased was founded in early 2020 by four former GitHub employees, with investment from Founders Fund and some of the most experienced angel investors in technology.
Our first product allows companies to add audit trails to any application in a matter of minutes, and we're just getting started. We're now moving into security data aggregation, access control and visibility, and more.
As our first engineering hire, you'll build these products with us. You'll work alongside the founding team to design, implement, and scale features for our application.
You'll help to shape both the future of our product and the company we become. You'll ship world-class software and work alongside engineering, design, and product leaders who helped build GitHub, Facebook, Zillow, Yelp, and Simple.
Cased embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and invites applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years experience writing Ruby on Rails code (or significant experience with a similar framework), and have previously collaborated with others in large codebases.
- You get excited about difficult problems that require planning, coordination, and scalability constraints from the very start.
- You are familiar with good REST API design and best practices including authentication, rate limiting, content encoding, schemas, and errors.
- Solid database design skills, and some familiarity with search technology is helpful
What you'll do
- Work alongside Cased founders and future engineering hires to assist in the design, scalability, and implementation of customer-centric features
- Learn from customer feedback and weigh in on product decisions.
- Help to build a diverse and inclusive company culture. As an early employee you'll have a significant impact on the type of company Cased becomes.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the United States
- Competitive equity and salary
- Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage
- A maxed-out MacBook Pro (or equivalent depending on your preference)
- A $1,500 stipend to setup your home office as you see fit
Our Tech Stack
Our tech stack includes:
Send your resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
, along with a brief note on why you'd like to work at Cased.