Apacio is a development and consultancy firm that works exclusively for top-tier creative agencies. As digital guns for hire, we work behind the scenes to build apps, websites and campaigns for some of the world's biggest brands.
We're a small, UK-based team with offices just outside of Reading in Theale. We embrace remote work, thrive on project diversity and are looking to hire talented devs who share our passion for quality code.
- You're based in the UK with excellent conversational English. You can take a techy problem and articulate it in simple terms.
- You have 3+ years of experience working with Python and Django.
- You're a wizard with Docker deployments and can help our team transition to a containerized world.
- You know your way around GraphQL schemas but can also help to maintain some old-school Django projects.
- You see tests as time-savers, not time-wasters.
- You love clean, tidy, readable and repeatable code.
- You can have fun with our team and want to make your mark on a growing company.
Bonus points if...
- You have experience working for a creative agency
- You're familiar with EC2, S3 and other AWS products
- You have an understanding of front-end code, specifically ReactJS/SCSS.
- Due to the nature of our work, we have variety in our projects. We work for exciting start-ups and huge global names, so there's no monotony or dull moments.
- We operate a 35 hour week and encourage downtime. Work/Life balance and the health of our team is vital to us.
- 25 days of holiday per year, excluding bank holidays, so plenty of time to do something off the beaten track.
- We're a growing team, so there's an opportunity to make your mark and shape the company (And your role) moving forward.
- Team lunch twice a month.
What to expect at the job interview
We'll take a look at your CV and GitHub profile. If you have some code snippets or projects you're really proud of; please send them our way so we can take a look at the code. We'll then give you a small project to work through, which will be followed up with an interview to discuss your general interests, the stuff you've done in the past and what your ideal workday is like.
This is a full time, permanent remote role, which can be based in our office in Theale or any remote location throughout the UK.