We’re looking for experienced developers to join our growing Agency team, providing custom services for a diverse array of clients and working across many platforms, disciplines, and approaches. If you’re excited about functional programming we’d love to hear from you!
Our developers are responsible for delivering custom apps and system integrations with Shopify. Our back end developers work in Elixir, encouraging consistent and readable code. We look for developers who enjoy peer-review and who can clearly explain their technical choices.
As a Pixel Union Back End Developer, you’ll...
- Support in the architecture, development, and delivery of custom software solutions that meet business requirements for ecommerce merchants
- Work primarily with Elixir and Node.js on a daily basis
- Contribute tested, maintainable code to shared libraries
- Create tools and processes to help in the day-to-day aspects of development
- Work with Shopify, supporting data migrations to the platform primarily via Shopify’s API
- Work on integrating solutions across the following type of systems: POS, ERP, 3PL, WMS, Shipping, Carrier, CRM, Order & Inventory Management, Order Scheduling, Payment Gateway, Recurring Billing, and Omni-Channel.
- Collaborate with, or mentor other team members in order to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients while growing professionally.
You’ll bring the following skills and experience:
- Enjoy back-end work and want to build robust, scalable system integrations and solve technical challenges with the delivery of these services
- Have worked with Elixir, Ruby, Node.js, or similar languages
- Can touch front-end HTML and CSS if necessary
- Have built or interacted with GraphQL, REST, or SOAP APIs
- Are familiar with modern, distributed cloud-based service development and deployment pipelines
- Focus on growing their communication skills to build positive and productive working relationships with other agency team members (both technical and non-technical).
- Take ownership of their work to deliver it on schedule and raise blockers proactively when timelines may slip.
We’re a remote-friendly team with headquarters in Victoria, BC. We’re flexible on when & where you do your best work. Please be sure to include a cover letter with your application so we can get to know you a little better!
You'll receive these benefits:
Pixel Union is a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We come to the office (wherever that may be) to work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around good people. Some of our perks include:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Educational sessions and company-sponsored certifications
- Company-sponsored fitness allowance