We're looking for a great developer to join our team.
Are you keen? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
GoSkills is an exciting online company dedicated to providing high-quality courses on a great platform. We are continuously experimenting to improve the user experience and improve our attractiveness to consumers and businesses. Our team is distributed across 12 countries, either working from home or from co-working spaces.
- You have excellent software development skills
- You like to build sites that look great
- You are numerate
- You are willing to learn and develop your skills
- You have good interpersonal skills
- You are proactive, and have strong drive and initiative
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You're a team player but can also work independently
- You're eager to roll up your sleeves to DIY and achieve great outcomes.
You will have experience in:
- Visual Studio 2019
- ASP.NET MVC
We're starting to use Blazor too.
Equipment and office space
For this role you will need to provide your own computer and high-speed internet connection.
Anywhere in the world, but within a workable time zone. Most of your work will be with GoSkills developers in New Zealand, Mexico, Cuba and Morocco.
What you get:
- Competitive salary: You tell us what your realistic salary expectations are and we’ll aim to match it.
- Vacation days: 20 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays.
- Remote work: We have always been a fully remote and distributed team, with our team members spread across 12 countries currently. We currently have a couple of weekly catch-ups at around 7:30pm-9pm UTC.
- Work-life balance: Enjoy a flexible day schedule based on your personal daily routine. This is a full-time position, so we expect 8 hours of work time per day. We don’t expect crazy long hours, overtime and burn out. We expect good time management skills and high-quality output during your regular work hours.
- Team retreat: We all travel and meet up at an exotic location for a week once a year (in normal times) at our team retreat to have fun and get to know each other. Our last retreat was in Thailand.
- Strong team culture: We build and maintain a strong team culture. This includes weekly all-hands Zoom calls, weekly team calls, and social catch-ups over tea/beer/coffee. There are no internal politics, we speak up if there are any issues and we treat each other with respect. We also like to be social, kind and fun.
- Diversity and inclusion: Our team members come from diverse backgrounds from different countries and cultures, and we are equally represented by gender (50:50 ratio), including our co-founders and management team. We value each person’s opinion and unique perspective. We love to solve problems creatively and collaboratively.
- Autonomy in your work: We trust you to make the best decisions to achieve your goals. We provide you with enough support to get your work done to a high standard and let you get on with it. We have a flat company structure, we make fast decisions, and iterate quickly.
- Personal growth and development: We invest in your long-term growth and development. You will work closely with the co-founders of the company to grow your skillset and we support you with courses, mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences.
- Communication tools: We use Slack, Trello, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Zoom to communicate and collaborate efficiently.
Why work for GoSkills?
Do you want to make a real impact on the growth of a tech startup? Does the thought of working with a fully remote, bootstrapped team of driven individuals excite you? Do you have the drive to accelerate us on our path to becoming a fast-growing educational company with limitless potential?
This is your opportunity for a meaningful, long-term strategic role to accelerate your career by leading the growth of an innovative tech company. Your work will have a real-life impact on millions of people’s lives as we help them learn, upskill and stay relevant in the workplace.
About our team
Our team is small and fully distributed, and working remotely is part of our DNA. This means you’ll find a great remote working environment focused around making your day-to-day enjoyable and efficient.
We are a fun and social bunch, who communicate daily across time zones and continents, and have a strong culture that reflects the following values:
Freedom & equality: Everyone deserves autonomy in their jobs and an equal chance at success.
Openness & creativity: Speak up! We encourage open communication, questioning minds and thinking outside the box.
Fun: Have fun and be silly! Follow your passion, love what you do and don’t take life too seriously :)
GoSkills company ethos
Our mission is to provide a high-quality learning experience, so that our learners can gain the right skills to advance their careers and achieve their goals.
Quality & innovation: We hold ourselves to high standards to ensure learners get the best possible experience and achieve real learning outcomes.
Always make the customer happy: Your happiness is our success. We strive to delight our learners with every interaction.
Be good: Treat others as you would like to be treated. We make choices to reflect good moral character and a responsible educator.
GoSkills.com is an award-winning online education company that helps anyone learn business skills to reach their personal and professional goals. With a GoSkills membership, members receive personalized, on-demand courses consisting of to-the-point video tutorials and interactive learning content.
We select globally-recognized experts, who are passionate about teaching, to develop bespoke courses for GoSkills. All our courses are delivered in ‘bite-sized’ chunks, which are digestible and easy to follow.
For businesses, GoSkills provides a flexible, cloud-based learning platform to train teams of all sizes. Businesses can purchase the GoSkills library of 80+ courses for their teams, as well as create their own courses on the platform, to have all their training and development in one place. It is the chosen Learning Management System (LMS) for over 600 businesses, including Fortune 500 companies and SMEs.