Designlab is looking for a talented Admissions Rep to help us expand our rapidly-growing online education platform. Think one part career advisor, one part guide to all things product design, and one part salesperson. You’ll be the first point of contact for people looking to change their careers, so while this role is sales focused, we also require someone with a high level of emotional intelligence to nurture future students towards their full potential and optimal career path.
We're a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help.
Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class product with rave reviews, we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors and alumni, and we’d like to expand our focus on admissions to hit our next level of scale.
The right candidate has a strong working knowledge of the design industry and past experience to back it up - a background in education is also a plus. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and self-directed, and can work well in an unstructured environment. While we’re primarily looking at someone with an admissions background, we’ll consider candidates who’ve developed exceptional interpersonal skills through other roles like account management or customer success. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who can take a consultative approach to sales, and advise potential students on what their best options would be in switching careers to UX design.
We’re also interested in someone who’s capable of extending their presence from initial point of contact to acting as a community resource for enrolled students.
- Be the main point of contact for potential students who are looking to enroll in UX Academy, and participate in our student community in Slack.
- Host webinar info sessions, handle calls and emails about our courses, and follow up with interested students.
- Meet and exceed monthly goals for enrollments.
- Maintain our high standard of quality by only making offers to qualified students.
- Track activities in our CRM, and keep other team members updated on relevant customer stories, feedback, and product opportunities.
The Successful Candidate Will:
Skills and abilities:
- Have strong organizational skills, with an ability to (re)prioritize at a moment’s notice.
- Be analytical, process and data-driven, with a creative mindset and strong problem solving skills.
- Be enthusiastic about genuinely connecting with people, and supporting them with making big decisions about their future.
- Be a persuasive writer who’s comfortable communicating through email.
- Have fantastic interpersonal skills—someone who’s able to confidently connect with a student over the phone (even after multiple calls back to back).
- Be able to juggle many balls without letting anything fall through the cracks by making sure that everyone is responded to in a timely manner. If the thought of your job being a real life version of Overcooked stresses you out, this is probably not the role for you!
- Have a strong understanding and ability to act upon the urgency around prospective students.
- Think about the wider context of both the product and user’s individual situation when communicating.
- Take the time to go the extra mile when it comes to communicating with students, and members of the wider community.
- Keen attention to detail, including in regards to copy editing and email formatting.
- A 3+ year track record of successful admissions/account management/sales experience.
- Top notch communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Past experience and knowledge of the design industry (agency or product) is preferred.
- Remote work experience isn't necessary, but a plus.
- The hours for this role will be US Pacific (GMT -8) - you do not have to reside within that timezone but should expect to have student calls as such.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Health & dental benefits
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
How to apply
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application by the end of Friday January 15th.