This position can be in-office in NYC or remote work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
AdThrive.com helps serious bloggers make more money with the ads on their site by acting as their trusted expert guide in the wild-west like world of online advertising. This means helping them figure out which ad placements to use, how to develop an ad strategy, and then actually installing that strategy for them. Through our work, we help the best creators and contributors on the web, people who have a passion for their craft (cooking, decorating, parenting, finance, investing) get to write about their passion and be paid to live their dream. We help bloggers leave their full-time jobs and stay home with their kids. We help struggling families pay their bills and find hope. We support the people who are creating the internet!
As an AdThrive Ad Performance Analyst, you’re the kind of person who is passionate about analytics, problem solving and productivity. On top of a strong attention to detail, you also have a desire to help people and do work that makes a difference. The thought of helping families earn enough money for parents to stay home with their kids or pay off debts would be extremely rewarding to you.
We are looking for someone with the right mix of comfort in high-productivity environments doing extremely repetitive tasks while collaborating well with a virtual team. Ad Performance Analysts login each day to a list of clients whose ad performance needs a deep dive to determine whether something is affecting their ad earnings or not and whether there are any changes to their ad layout we would recommend. The tasks for each deep dive are very repetitive and while each site represents its own puzzle, the Ad Performance Analyst uses the same collection of tools & processes over and over to troubleshoot an array of different potential issues.
This is a job with a never-ending list of sites to check, so you must be good logging-in, grinding through a list of 20 sites to check, logging-off and doing the same thing again for every work day.
Day in the Life:
- Analyzing ad performance and Google Analytics data to identify issues
- Working to understand our process thoroughly, troubleshooting ad loading issues on live sites, and embracing a fast-paced virtual work environment
- Building ad layouts with our proprietary internal system, using CSS and HTML tools on the front end of a publisher’s website
- Assisting with onboarding new clients by installing ads on their sites (mostly WordPress)
- Being an active member of a distributed team via tools like Slack, G Suite, Zoom, Zendesk, Appear.in and more
You’ll do well if you have:
- Patience, grace, a sense of humor, and some moderate GIF sharing abilities
- Attention to detail and a love for knocking out lists and projects
- You were type of person who finished tests first in school and got an A
- Enjoy analyzing data using Excel and data visualization tools to spot trends and anomalies
- Working knowledge of CSS3, HTML5, and Wordpress
- A knack for getting things done and self-motivation to tackle repetitive tasks
- A passion for contributing and supporting your team
- A desire to make everything you touch better
- Genuine desire to help others solve problems and succeed
- Data analysis experience OR a recent STEM grad
- Comfort with using WordPress, and reading & writing HTML & CSS
- Proven track record high productivity
- Experience organizing and managing a large amount of tasks at once
- Excel at working by yourself and grinding through your list of tasks.
- Commitment to AdThrive’s Mission Statement