Occipital, Inc. (USA) is a leader in computer vision and spatial computing. Our most notable products include the 3D scanner called Structure Sensor, the 3D scanning software platform called Structure SDK and the mobile app for 3D scanning homes called Canvas.
We love it when our products deliver a seamless computer vision-driven experience, and so do our customers. Under the hood of our easy-to-use mobile apps are efficient implementations of state-of-the-art computer vision and deep learning algorithms.
This position is open in our Structure division.
- Develop new and improve existing computer vision algorithms in the field of dense 3D reconstruction and SLAM, with focus on objects / human body scanning applications.
- Remain up to date with the latest advances in Computer Vision technology and apply them to the improvement of Occipital’s scanning applications.
- Build, verify, and push to production efficient C++ implementations of algorithms.
- Profile and optimize existing algorithm implementations.
- Work with our internal and open source git repos, continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins), build & testing systems.
- Study computer vision literature, research possible solutions, and present them to stakeholders.
- Communicate regularly and extensively with our globally distributed team, including product / business leadership and engineers in the US.
- Work around strict timelines and deadlines, and know how to best organize priorities.
We don't separate research from development. You'll be writing production code with focus on quality and value for customers, at the forefront of state-of-the-art computer vision, SLAM and 3D scanning.
Work culture & expectations
Where we are going, we don't need roads. But we do need awesome people.
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, proactive attitude, and a drive for results
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative development environment
- Attention to detail
- Experience in 3D computer vision R&D such as 3D scanning, RGBD algorithms, visual SLAM, sensor calibration, multi-view geometry, tracking and pose estimation, etc.
- Experience in C++
- Solid maths background, especially in linear algebra
- English: fluent reading / writing, confident speaking
- Leadership skills, a track record in leadership positions (lead engineer / tech lead / team lead)
- Significant software / platform engineering expertise at production level
- Experience in iOS development
- Experience in graphics and real-time performance optimization, C++ code optimization, low-level optimization (GPGPU, SIMD)
- Official employment in full accordance with labor law
- Stock options in the US company
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy
- A cozy office in the center of Moscow (Shabolovskaya subway station)
- Health insurance program, meals compensation and other benefits
- Access to the newest devices and prototypes for developers (3D cameras, phones, etc.)
- Business trips to the US
This position is based in our Moscow R&D center.
We are working remotely during the COVID pandemic, so your physical location won't matter at the beginning.